How’s it going?
I’ve definitely got a case of the Sunday blues tonight! Why has the weekend already abandoned us?! I’m not ready for Monday and a whole new week already. If only I had Hermione’s time turner, I’d rewind to Friday night and have a do-over! It’s just as well I don’t tbh, I’d probably get greedy and do it about 32089720 times…
First world problems aside, I’ve got a great recipe for you – it basically tastes like summer in a glass!
Ideal for warm, sunny summer afternoons.
Fresh peach, muddled with zingy lemon and herby thyme, topped with sparkling water. Best served, ice cold!
It’s a bit of a shoddy photography job but I promise they taste much better than I’ve made them look!
But seriously – there’s only a few more weeks left of peach season so grab a couple of packs the next time you get a chance and give it a go!
- 1 cup golden caster sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 ripe, yellow flesh peaches
- 100ml fresh lemon juice (approx 3 lemons)
- Sparkling water
- Peach slices and thyme for decoration
- Add the sugar, water and about five sprigs of thyme to a medium saucepan, heat to a simmer, swirling occasionally until all the ingredients are combined. Pour into a small jar, cover, and chill in the fridge. [You can do this in advance]
- Blitz the peaches (skin on) to a puree in a blender. Pour into a jug, add the lemon juice and stir to combine. Place in the fridge to chill.
- When ready to serve, add a couple of ice cubes to six glasses, split the peach puree evenly between the glasses, add 3-5 tbsps of sugar syrup, (depending on how sweet you like it) then top with sparkling water.
- Optional: decorate with a sprig of thyme and a slice of peach.