How’s it going?
So uh. I definitely fell asleep on the sofa for a few hours this afternoon. I woke up with a jolt of the doorbell buzzing and the panic of realising that my friend had arrived and the flat was a tip. It’s been a busier than I would have liked kinda weekend. And it seems that whenever I have a little time to myself (usually with ambitious goals of being productive) I drift off. I’m so tired, I just feel like I need to switch off from the world to hibernate for a few days!
This week I’m sharing a recipe that will for a few minutes, make you forget about all your troubles…
Dense, fudgey and rich dark chocolate brownies swirled with creamy white chocolate and studded with tart raspberries.
Seriously, these are So. Freaking. Good that I’ve made them twice in two weeks!
^ I mean, would you just look at how moist and fudgey these things are!!
^ With a crispy crackled top.
Oh yes. ❤
- 175g salted butter
- 65g dark chocolate
- 400g granulated sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g cocoa powder, sifted
- 125g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85g white chocolate, broken into chunks – I used this and can’t recommend it enough.
- 85g fresh raspberries
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 4. Grease and line a baking tin.
- Place a saucepan with one inch of water over a medium heat. Place a heatproof glass bowl over it. Add the butter and dark chocolate and stir until melted.
- Take the bowl off the heat before adding the sugar and whisk well to combine.
- One by one, add the eggs, whisking well to combine. Add the vanilla and stir to combine again.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and using a rubber spatula, fold carefully to combine. The mixture should be very thick.
- Stir through the raspberries and white chocolate before pouring the mixture into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 25-30minutes or until just done.