Happy new year! Hope you all had a wonderful break?
I’m feeling pretty festively plump after a couple of weeks of overindulging. I appreciate my posts probably make it seem like I live on a diet of cake and uh, more cake, but my typical day to day life is so far from that. I do actually eat more than just sugar, hopefully, today’s post will demonstrate that! I’ll let you into a secret, I actually don’t have much of a sweet tooth and usually only try a little sliver before packing up the lot and taking it to work. Thankfully, I don’t usually have much trouble getting rid of desserts in the office. =)
Sweet potatoes are currently in season too, so take advantage!
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be a chore.
I’m talking slightly charred, roasted sweet potatoes, red onions and peppers tossed in chilli flakes and drizzled with a cooling garlicky herb yoghurt, sharp crumbled pockets of feta and fresh spring onions.
^ So. Much. Flavour.
Sweet. Spicy. Salty. Garlicky. Herby. All of the flavours.
And the colours. So pretty. I bought this plate from Morocco last year and I absolutely adore it.
I digress. Make this soon guys, it’s delicious!
- 800g sweet potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 large red onion
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- 125g natural yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- Pinch of salt
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes, place in a large bowl. Add 1 tsp garlic powder, season to taste and drizzle in 2-3 tbsp olive oil. Toss to combine before placing on a baking tray. Ensure you leave space between each piece else you’ll have soggy sweet potatoes!
- Chop onions and peppers into 1-inch cubes and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Toss to combine and place on another baking tray. Again, ensure there’s no overlapping.
- Place both trays in the oven and cook the potatoes for 45 mins, and the onions and peppers for 30. Rotate the trays every 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare the yoghurt by mixing all the ingredients together and allow the flavours to mingle.
- Once cooked, allow to cool to room temperature.
- To serve, place the potatoes, peppers and onions into a large bowl. Sprinkle with chilli flakes and toss to combine (I used about 1tbsp). Using a spoon drizzle over the herby yoghurt before sprinkling over the spring onions and feta.