Pancake day is around the corner and I’ve got just the thing for you…
LOTUS. BISCOFF. PANCAKES.
If you’ve not tried it before, it’s a lightly spiced Belgian / Dutch / German caramelised biscuit. Oh, and it’s delicious!
I mean, come onnn… ❤
^ these pancakes made with buttermilk so they’re super moist and fluffy!
A pile of fluffy buttermilk pancakes topped generously with biscoff spread, served up with vanilla icecream / whipped cream, lotus biscuit crumbles and lots of fresh berries.
And they’re super simple to make. You mix together all the dry ingredients. Then you mix together the wet ingredients. Then you fold one into another. And, finally, you cook the batter in a pan. Once done, load up with your toppings and dig right in.
Definitely recommend serving it up with cream/ice cream and a selection of berries to cut through the richness.
And I assure you, these taste even better than they look!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 300g plain flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 500ml buttermilk
- 100ml whole milk
- 55g salted butter (melted and cooled)
- 50g biscoff spread
- 2 medium eggs (whisked)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mixed berries
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- 125g lotus biscoff spread (zapped in the microwave for 15 secs)
- Lotus biscoff biscuit crumbs
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda) in a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients (buttermilk, butter, milk, biscoff spread, eggs and vanilla extract) in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold in till just combined. You should have a thick, slightly lumpy batter.
- Heat a frying pan on medium. Smear with butter then wipe down with a sheet of kitchen roll.
- Add two tablespoons of batter then use the back of the spoon to spread into a circle. Depending on the size of your pan, you can add the batter for 2-3 more pancakes.
- When the top (the uncooked side) of the pancake starts to bubble, use a spatula to flip and cook on the other side.
- To serve, place five pancakes in a pile, pour over the heated biscoff spread top with icecream / whipped cream and decorate with berries and extra biscuit crumbs.