I knocked together this smoothie this morning for breakfast and it was so good, I just had to share with you right away!
^ the stars of the show – lychees! My faves!
I paired them together with strawberries, raspberries and blackberries then tossed in some coconut solids to add a little rich, creaminess.
Oh, and I think these would pair up perfectly with Indian / South American flavours if you want to serve up alongside lunch or dinner too.
Frozen lychees, mixed berries and coconut milk solids blitzed together to form a thick, refreshing frozen smoothie.
Simple, delicious and healthy!
Ingredients (2-3 servings)
- 200g fresh mixed berries (I used raspberries, blackberries and strawberries – stems removed and strawbs halved if large)
- 350g fresh peeled and pitted lychees (approx 500g whole)
- 200ml coconut water
- 3 tbsp coconut milk solids + 2tbsp more to decorate (optional)
- Mint leaves to serve (optional)
- Place your prepared berries and lychees in sealed plastic bags before placing in the freezer overnight.
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Once ready to use, turn the can upside down and use a can opener to open, stop about 90% of the way around the can – place your finger on top and pour the liquids out and set aside. The other half of the can will be thick, creamy coconut solids. [You can use the remains in another recipe – try it in a curry for example!]
- When ready to prepare, place the frozen fruit, coconut water and 3 tbsp of coconut cream solids into a blender.
- Blitz till combined (I used the frozen smoothie/drinks setting on my blender) and pour into glasses before topping with more coconut milk solids if desired.
- Serve with paper straws and a sprig of fresh mint.