Hope you’re well and feeling festively plump?
The end of yet another year is frighteningly close. It’s terrifying! But you know what – I spent some time scrolling through my phone’s photo reel from 2018 yesterday and just reflecting on all the memories and actually found myself feeling pretty content.
Blessed for all the travelling. Thankful for all the delicious food. Grateful for friends and family. Appreciative of the wonderful city I call home. Oh, and ofc, endlessly amused at the funny memes I’ve screenshotted from social media this year.
Anyway, rewinding back to New Years – I’ve got the perfect recipe for you!
Individual passion fruit and white chocolate cheesecakes.
Whatever your plans, I got you. If you’re heading out – these are great to have onside whilst getting ready. They’re also wonderful if you’re hosting guests and want to impress. Oh, and not to mention, ideal for a quiet night in, post-take-out.
A buttery biscuit base, covered with creamy, luscious, white chocolate cheesecake topped with fresh zingy passion fruit.
A flavour combo made in heaven.
So. Freaking. Good!
And the best thing is, they’re super simple and quick to make. Genuinely took me about half an hour.
They’re stunning, they’re simple, and, they’re a real crowd pleaser!
What more can I say?!
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 180g digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 125g unsalted butter, cubed and kept at room temperature until softened
- 250g white chocolate
- 300g cream cheese
- 300ml double cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Place digestive biscuits into a sealable sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin until you’re left with evenly sized small crumbs.
- Pop the biscuit crumbs into a large bowl with the butter and use your fingers to combine before dividing into 8 ramekins and using a teaspoon to press down evenly.
- Break the chocolate into chunks and place in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan with an inch of water on a low heat. Let the chocolate melt, stirring every minute or two with a rubber spatula.
- Once melted, take the bowl off the heat and set aside to cool for 10-15mins.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining ingredients (cream cheese, double cream and lemon juice) to a large bowl and whisk until softly whipped.
- Add the cooled chocolate and gently fold in until well combined.
- Finally, add the cheesecake mix to a piping bag and attach a round nozzle pipe into the ramekins. Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge to set. (Ideally, overnight.) You can just spoon in the mixture in for a more rustic look too.
- Just before serving, slice a passion fruit in half, and scoop out the seeds and pulp and spoon over.