Boy, are you guys in for a treat today…
It’s the perfect end-of-summer-but-I’m-sooo-not-ready-for-autumn-yet recipe. Best of both worlds if you will.
Serious salad goals right here.
Char-grilled peaches, colourful cherry tomatoes and a pop of shaved sweetcorn on a bed of curly kale, topped with tomato and chipotle marinaded chicken, sliced avocado, creamy burrata and a drizzle of thyme lemon pesto dressing.
Aaaaaaaall the flavour.
Sweet. Spicy. Citrusy. Creamy. Fruity. Fresh. Yum.
Each of the components come together to form a party in your mouth!
Ugh. Look at those perfect grill lines! Ripe and juicy peaches are a bit elusive right now as we draw to the end of summer but throwing them on a griddle pan for a few minutes works wonders in drawing out the flavour with an extra hint of smokiness.
And the chicken – spicy, sweet and moreish!
I know, I know, burrata is hardly the healthiest of cheeses but it’s all in the name of balance.
AND THIS DRIZZLE! I whisked together some pesto, lemon juice and zest, a touch of olive oil and some fresh thyme.
Liven up your dinners with this recipe soon! I promise, your taste buds will thank you!
- 1 chicken breast, sliced into two / butterflied (to do this, lay the chicken flat onto a chopping board, place your hand flat on top, then carefully use the knife to slice through, parallel to your hand)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chipotle paste, I used this one
- 1 tsp tomato powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Citrus Pesto Drizzle
- 1 heaped tsp pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- Fresh thyme (2 sprigs)
- 2-3 large kale leaves (about 50g)
- 1 peach
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 x boiled sweetcorn cob
- 1 x burrata
- 1/2 avocado – thinly sliced
- Start with your chicken. Add all the ingredients and together and mix well before rubbing over the chicken. Cover and allow to marinate for 15-30 mins minimum.
- Heat a frying pan on medium, add a tablespoon of olive oil before adding the chicken. Cook for 4 mins or so on each side or until cooked all the way through.
- Once done, place the chicken on a plate and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil and add the sweetcorn cob. Cook for 7-8 mins then remove and set aside to cool.
- Next, heat a griddle pan on a high heat and slice the peach in half. Place cut side down on the pan – press down to achieve good grill marks. Cook for a minute or so then once done set aside.
- To make the citrus pesto drizzle, add all the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- By now, the sweetcorn should have cooled down – carefully hold the cob upright on a chopping board – ensure the surface against the board is flat and stable – then use a knife to slice through the kernels.
- To assemble, start by laying out your kale leaves. Place your peaches and avocado on top and scatter over the tomatoes and sweetcorn. Next, pop the chicken in the centre of the plate before breaking the burrata and placing randomly over the salad. Finally, drizzle over the dressing and dig right in!