Hope you’re having a marvellous weekend?
Boy – are you guys in for a treat today. I’ve got such an amazing recipe to share with you. It transforms a couple of humble potatoes into the delicious comfort food – chips! I love chips in all their various forms, from a skinny American ‘fry’ through to a chunky chippy chip.
Which brings me on to today’s recipe… Parmesan. Garlic. Herb. Chips. Ohhhh yeah.
I’m talking golden brown chips, crisp on the outside, and pillowy soft on the inside, tossed in pungent garlic and herbs and topped generously with shavings of parmesan cheese.
And cos they’re oven baked, there’s minimal guilt!
Seriously guys, these are packed with SO much flavour and are so, so GOOD! They’re perfect with burgers, alongside sandwiches, hell, they’re perfect on their own.
Simply dunk in the condiment of your choice and enjoy,
- 600g baking potatoes (I used these)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 6, line a large baking tray with tin foil/parchment paper.
- Carefully slice the potatoes into one inch thick discs before chopping into chips. You’re aiming for 1cm squared.
- Add the chips to a large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak for 30mins.
- Drain water and use kitchen roll sheets to completely dry the potatoes.
- Add the dry chips to a large bowl, add olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and basil before tossing to combine.
- Lay the chips, one by one, on the baking tray, leaving a little space between each one.
- Bake for 30mins.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle over some freshly chopped parsley and grated parmesan.
- Serve piping hot with dips of your choice.