Hope you’re having a wonderfully relaxed weekend.
I’ve got the perfect lazy weekend brunch recipe for you. It’s so easy that I’m a little embarrassed to even call it a recipe.
I basically just threw anything remotely breakfast-y into the oven this morning with some olive oil and garlic before seasoning and the result was this incredible tray bake:
I served it up over toast and avocado. Apparently, my millennial brain can’t do brunch without a fix of avo…
A hearty combination of chunky sausages, golden baked potatoes, earthy mushrooms, crispy kale, juicy cherry tomatoes and softened red onions – all tossed in olive oil and garlic – finished with perfectly baked eggs.
I can’t even.
So. Freaking. Good.
Would you look at this egg – you can bet this led to a great yolk porn moment!
- 4 sausages (I used these veggie ones that I had in the freezer)
- 2 eggs
- 1 stem of kale, stem removed and cut into small segments
- 3 chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium potato, chopped into 1inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Parboil the potatoes until fork tender, meanwhile, preheat the oven to gas mark 6.
- Add the sausages, potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and garlic to the pan. Drizzle over 2 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss together to combine before baking for 15 mins.
- Toss the kale in 1 tbsp olive oil and season.
- Shuffle the ingredients in the tray, turn the sausages and make some space for the eggs. Crack them into the tray and add the kale.
- Bake for a further 4-5 mins until the whites just set.
- Serve immediately.